Thursday, July 14, 2016

Simon Says Stamp August 'Seeing Stars' Card Kit

I am always thrilled to bits when my monthly arrives! Of course I am talking about the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit! The August 'Seeing Stars' Kit has just been revealed and I have to say I think this kit IS out of this world fabulous! :-)

The first thing I do when I open the kit is enjoy the lovely sweet lollipop, this month it was blueberry, while perusing the contents of the box and thinking about what I should make first. 


I love the Vented Star Die that came in the kit, so I definitely wanted to use that, and the 2 distress ink pads, Festive Berries and Chipped Sapphire, had to use those and the lovely starry 
Motif Resist paper, had to use that too and then this card just made itself! Isn't it great when that happens! That is what makes these kits so awesome, they take all of the rummaging through draws looking for things to use out of the equation! FAB!



After blending the Chipped Sapphire ink over some plain white card (which is also in the kit) I splattered with water, White Linen and Tawny Turquoise (which is very shimmery and awesome especially on dark backgrounds) to create a galaxy of stars.
I added a few wood veneer stars, I had tried stamping and fussy cutting the star stamps out of the kraft paper, but they didn't turn out as well as I had imagined so I binned those and resorted to these, which do match with the kraft and I think look pretty good I think. I then just added a twine bow to finish.

Do you subscribe for the kit? If you do then you are in for a real treat this time, I know they are always fabulous but this one is particularly fabby, you're gonna LOVE it :-D

CLICK HERE or on the pic for more details 




TOMORROW there is going to be the biggest surprise EVER!! 

CLICK HERE if you would like to see more ;-)


Challenges:
Little Red Wagon   You're A Star
Creative Loops        Stars and/or Stripes
Crazy 4 Challenges  Cards of Encouragement
Fantasy Stampers   Wish Upon A Star




Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

4 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is absolutley gorgeous hugs Pops x

M said...

WOW! Love what you created with your SSS Kit!! The vented Star is awesome!! :)Thanks for playing along with The Girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon!! :)

Cazro said...

A super pariotic card. Thanks for sharing at Fantasty Stampers. Caz DT.

Unknown said...

I love your card. The kit looks great but my favourite part of the card is the blue star background you made.
Thanks for joining in with the Creative Loops Challenge at www.achelois.co. The challenge for August will be Summertime so please check out the post on Monday for lots of inspiration. Elaine x