Friday, June 12, 2015

City Sunset

Hi all :-) I hope you're all well and looking forward to a weekend of crafting! My lovely friend Heather arrives for a 2 week holiday this evening and I dare say we will be in my craft room for at least a few hours during that time ;-) I am looking forward to getting a few more colouring tips, her colouring is amazing! 

I am here with a card I made to enter the Less Is More 'Sunset' Challenge




I made the sunset with blended Distress Inks and just popped a Cityscape Die Cut in the foreground. The die I used is from Savvy, which is now discontinued, but this Downtown Border Die from Tailored Expressions is very similar.




Thanks for looking! I had better get a wiggle on and tidy up a bit before Heather arrives, I need to make a space for her amidst all my chaos ;-)

Challenges :
Top Tip Tuesday     Cut It Out
Tuesday Throwdown    Frame It

Hope you all have a great weekend  :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

19 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Lols
Fabulous card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! A unique and clever twist on the challenge Lols.
Awesome die-cutting and inking.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic card Lorraine
Gr Karin

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card.xxx

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Lols!! Love this!

hugs...

Virginia L. said...

So perfect!! I love that subtle background with the city scape!! I am excited that Heather is coming for a visit! Please keep us posted about about the upcoming crafting fun!

Margreet said...

Amazing card Lols...have a good time with Heather!
xxx Margreet

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous CAS card.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Chrissie said...

Most impressive Lols, this looks fabulous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I love cityscapes. How you've used it here is fabulous!!! Love the inset look!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so fun Lols...love the CAS look!

janelle winchcole said...

Hi Lorraine, I love this card. It proves less really is more! Enjoy Heather's visit. Janelle x

Neets B said...

Your delicate blending against your cityscape looks fabulous, and I love all the clean lines of your stitched frames. Really classy card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Snoopy said...

Gorgeous! Love the shading in the sky. It looks so real.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hello Lol's

love the Simon Says blog. & all the talented people out there wow you have so many to choose from I don't expect a spot on your design team, but want to wish everyone else The Best of Luck and I hope they enjoy working with all of you .
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the little city scene!
Thanks for the heads up on my win

Anne said...

Wow Lols I love your use of the dies, what an elegant creation and great take on our challenge!
Thank you very much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More

Kim said...

This is beautiful! Love the background and the frame looks awesome around the skyline. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim -TTDT
Lily Patch Stamps

Donna K said...

Oh my gosh I just love this! What a lovely silhouette scene. The buildings look fantastic against the softly colored sky. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown! xx Donna K