Friday, May 9, 2014

Fresh Daisies ,,,,,

I am a late starter for the Online Watecolor for Cardmakers Card Class and I am really enjoying it. I am no expert with watercolours and for me this class is perfect :-) The designers don't expect perfect results so this is just up my street ,,, lol :-)

If you would like to see my 1st card, watercolouring with a stencil CLICK HERE

For this card I used the technique demonstrated by Laura Bassen, colouring with an acrylic block. Laura used brighter and more contrasting colours on her sample, but I went with my fave blues and aqua colours.


I love how this turned out. I used some mist and splatters and some sequins to add a little bit more interest. This Fresh Daisies Die was the very first Simon's Exclusive Die that I ever chose, and it is still one of my most faves, so pretty :-)

A little tip, paper can get quite warped when wet, to solve this cut a smaller piece of card , ie, 2mm smaller than the watercolour paper and adhere to the back with Helmar Quick Dry Adhesive, this dries like cardboard and holds the paper rigid reducing the need for lots of expensive pop dots. It is my fave glue for every card ! :-)


If you haven't signed up for the classes you aren't too late, Click on the logo for more information :-)

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks ,,, Flowers 
Love to Create ,,,, Flowers 
Stampin' Royalty ,,, Spring Flowers
Cards In Envy,,, A2 + May Flowers 




Hope you all have a great weekend :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just stunning! I love the aqua and white color combo - so fresh and light! Great job on the water coloring too. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina - DT

Scrapenabler said...

Such a beautiful card. I love how you used the sequins on your background. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! I love the sequins and the beautiful watercolor background! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the background.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Lols love the colour's have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jacee said...

How gorgeous, I love it.
Hugs Jacee

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous car Lorraine, love the watercolour effect and the sequins are a nice finishing touch too, have a good weekend x Susan x

Intruderlady said...

Gorgeous card. Love the blue background. The flowers just pop. Well done!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Love to Create.

Kitty
LTC DT

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous card and love the colours!

Kylie said...

Wow! The watercolours are so beautiful and the die really pops. I love how you added the extra elements and kept everything perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous CAS card! The background looks amazing! Thank you for joining our Say it with Flowers Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

mixamatoasties said...

What a gorgeous card Lols.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

Susan

Inkyfingers said...

This is so beautiful and the aquas and blues are the perfect choice.

Janeen said...

very very pretty. i never thought to put water paints on an acrylic block. what a fun technique. love the daisy's. I have been playing with the Peerless water color pressed into papers. Amazing color clarity, easy to transport.

wendipooh13 said...

this is stunning!!! LOVE the color and sequins!!! sooo glad you played along with Cards In Envy!!!!