Monday, October 29, 2012

Less Is More ,,,,,, :-)

Hi all :-) I am back from our little city break to Seville, we had a lovely time even though we picked the only rainy 3 days in 6 months :-) Going around on an open top bus in torrential rain is an experience I think everyone should have ,,,, lol :-)

I have made  2 cards following Chrissie’s sketch over on the Less Is More Challenge ,,, one I really don’t like but will show ya anyway :-)

DSC02104
I used the faux letterpress technique on this using a Sizzix Dots embossing folder and Hero Arts Wet Cement shadow ink. I die cut a Larger Forest Tree from Simon Says Stamp Exclusives dies and added a cute little Wood Veneer Bird from Studio Calico. The  sentiment is a SSS exclusives too and I added some metallic twine to finish.

DSC02102

For this one I used a grey card as the base and stamped a Hero Arts Potted Plant onto a scrap of the same card and divided into 3 portions. I then layered it onto Peppermint Bazzill and used some red fun flock on the flowers and added a few dabs of Platinum Stickles for seeds. I made an extra pot and sprayed with Studio Calico Shine, this looks really gorgeous and shimmery IRL and awful on the photo :-) I went around the edges with a white gel pen and heat embossed the sentiment. 
I am not overly fond of this one but am sure it will come in handy ,,, can never have too many ‘thanks’ cards :-)

Thanks for looking :-) I hope you all have a lovely evening and for those of you in the path of the hurricane I hope you all stay safe  xx thinking of you all xx

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are both fab Lols, but I have to admit to a preference for the first one. I love the gentle colour scheme.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

bastelengel said...

Very sweet cards. If I had to choose the first one would be my favorit, too. But actually both are very lovely.

ribenaruby said...

Both your cards are great Lorraine, the heat embossing really stands out on the second one. Brilliant! Ruby x

sallysbitz2 said...

Two lovely cards Lorraine.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

downrightcrafty said...

great cards and love the panel work on the top one and the stitch work on the 2nd, hope you had a great time :)
Hugs Kate xx

Sue said...

They are both gorgeous Lols, I think I prefer the first one too.

hugs Sue

susiestacey said...

Hi Lorraine, hope you have dried out now. Two sweet thank you notes x Susan x

Kat said...

Both gorgeous Lols. Think the first is my fav too.

Kat xx

GinaA said...

Just gorgeous, love the bird in the tree while the stitching on the second card really shows off the Potted plant panels.

Penny said...

Very cool CAS cards! :^)
Hugs, Penny
P.S. Sorry you got wet--perhaps you should have gone to a beach? ;^)

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous Lols my favourite is the first one.
luv
debby

Skye said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the stitching on the flower and the subtle colours of the bird card

Jenni's Jems said...

Two great cards but fav is the first love the soft colours that you have used x

Anonymous said...

Both great cards ... I particularly like the softness and delicacy of the first, it's lovely! Anita in France

Angela said...

Both cards are beautiful Lorraine. I particularly like the subtleness of the first one. Angela x