Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Simon Says ,,,,,, We're Going Dotty

Thanks so much for all your entries to Martine's Sketch :-) I am sorry if I didn't get to see them all as I am busy with visitors at the mo' :-)

Before moving on to this weeks challenge we have some very sad news to share, Dena has decided to step down from the team. We are all very sorry about this and we would like to wish her the very best of luck. Dena has been a fabulous team member and we will miss working with her LOTS :-( Love you Dena x x x

This week we want to see spots with our

GOING DOTTY theme :-)



We are sponsored as always by the lovely Heidi at Simon Says Stamp and she will be giving one lucky entrant a trolley dash around her store to the value of $25 :-)There are lots of new products arriving daily AND the new Tim Holtz stamps are in stock !!





The DT this week are showcasing Prima Products so if you have any flowers, stamps, etc from Prima we would love to see them but you don't have to to enter the challenge



For my card I used a lovely Greeting Farm Anya stamp from thre Miss Anya collection. I stamped the image and then masked her to stamp the Eiffel Tower in the background , this is from a Simon Says Stamp Exclusives set. I coloured the image with copics and inked the edges with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I used my new Spellbinders Labels 8 die cut for the image. The flowers are Prima, I used a large pink one and popped a couple of Athena Powder Puff ones on there too.
The papers are Basic Grey from the Lime Rickey paper pad. I embossed a panel using a Swiss dot Cuttelebug folder too ,,, more dots !! :-) I used an EK Success swirl punch, a ribbon and a charm, then finished with a Tim Holtz Addage Ticket




Challenges :

Cowgirl Sunday Stamp em,,,,, Anything Goes

Stampin for the Weekend Recipe 3 papers, 2 flowers, 1 ribbon,, + gems or charms

thanks for looking :-) The DT have made some amazing creations for you to see so hop on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge to see them,,, but before you leave please leave me a comment so I know you visited :-)


18 comments:

Anne said...

awwwwwwwwwwww Lols this is a pretty one, love how you've did the dots with the cuttlebug rather than a dotted paper
Anne x

Joey said...

Gorgeous card Hun, loving your colour choice on this one.xxx

Lorraine said...

oh Lorraine this is a stunning card love the backing behind Anya it looks amazing xx

Christine said...

Hiya again Lols another stunner fab image love all the dots..& DP's..great card.

Hugs Christine xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Just adorable Lols. Love the Eiffel Tower in the background and the extra glitter and gloss on Anya. I NEED a pair of sunglasses like that!
Caroline xxx

Poppet said...

This is a perfectly dotty card Lorraine. The image looks fab with the Eiffel Tower behind her. A very chic Anya with lots of sparkle. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope to see you next week. :-) xx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Great card! Love the sparkel on her sunglasses!

Mvh
Gunn

Jill said...

aww this is gorgeous Lols I love the anya image and the papers hugs Jill xx

Heather said...

Hi Hun, this is gorgeous, I love the colour combo, gorgeus Anya in her sparkly top and specs, hmm......I could use a holiday in Paris, but I expect I'll have to go with your sentiment and dream.
hugs Heather xx

Mrs.B said...

Great card, love the colour combo, and those sunglasses look fab!
Avril B

Kat said...

This is lovely Lorraine. I love the colour combo.

Kat xx

Maya said...

Ohhh such a beautiful card!
Love the papers, the beautiful image and lovely details!
Hugs from Maya

gila said...

Hallo Lorraine,
Deine Karte ist wunderschön, toll gestaltet, gefällt mir sehr gut.
lg gila

Martine said...

Such a pretty card darlin, love those papers, can you believe i dont have the Lime Rickey collection yet lol, must see about changing that me thinks :), love this miss anya too, your colouring is fab and i love how you have stamped the Eiffel Tower behind her, wonderful :) :)

Hope you are well darlin?

xx
Martine

Sue said...

Hi Hun
gorgeous card, fabby colouring, luv the scene,gorgeous papers & embelies, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lorraine,I love the image and the colours.


Hugs Riet.xx

Di said...

This is fabulous i just love the Paris stamp in the background and love the MS punch and the colours you have used. A wonderful card
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Lols, this card is beautiful! I love all the layering and gorgeous embellies! Anya is adorable and fab masking!! Awesome card, hun!
hugs!
Sharon